Help for minor injuries

Minor injuries units (MIUs) can help you if your problem is not serious or life threatening. They have teams of highly skilled nurse practitioners who can offer treatment, advice and information and there's no need to make an appointment; just turn up during opening hours (see below).

When should I go to an MIU?

If you have any of the following, going to an MIU should help you sort out your condition quickly and easily:

  • Cuts, grazes and lacerations
  • Sprains, strains and muscle injuries
  • Suspected broken limbs and bruising
  • Scalds and minor burns
  • Bites and stings
  • Infected wounds
  • Minor head injuries
  • Minor eye problems.

They can also prescribe a range of drugs and medicines and have X-ray suites available as well as assessment rooms and treatment cubicles for patients.

Where can I find an MIU?

  • Andover War Memorial Hospital
  • West Berkshire Community Hospital. 

Call NHS111 and they will direct you to your nearest unit.